Monday, December 13, 2010

Night and Day

Hi All,
Its monday morning. I am tired. so tired. I had a crummy night sleep. I was in this beautiful deep and comfortable sleep and then I have to pee. so I get up, ruin my perfect spot in bed. Mike gets up, gets me a glass of water with a splash of juice. I lay back down, Mike lays back down. Stella gets up and decides that her new spot will be right on mommy's legs. crazy dog. so we start our 5am conversation that has been happening alot lately, but this morning we have less energy and we really don't want to talk so we keep telling one another "stop talking to me" but we find it funny, and we laugh and just as we both fall back to sleep gracefully the alarm goes on. I hit snooze every 10 minutes for an hour.

I want to go back to bed!!!!

But, I am here, plugging along.

Oh, so in just over the course of 1 weekend, this is what happened to my body:

Friday, normal. Wearing normal clothes, normal jeans, do not look pregnant, only 2 lbs bigger than I was 3 months ago.
Saturday- in my favorite jeans that fit on Tuesday I hop into the truck and split the ass right down the center. Thank the lord I was wearing my long coat. Had this occured at work I would have been devestated. I didn't think anything of it when I felt a burst of cold air near my bottom at first, so I continued on for the ride until we went to get to the store and realized yes, indeed the air was because my right butt cheek was completely exposed under my coat.
Sunday- Getting ready for the benefit I realize that not 1 pair of jeans that fit on Friday now fit on Sunday. I pulled on my long trusty yoga pants that pull up real high over my belly and headed out, feeling good. This morning, the struggle began again and the only pair I could squeeze myself into was a pair of really low waisted corderouys!! Without a belt....because NONE of those fit!!!

Now that I really think about it, I think my future will be lined with stretch-waisted pants for the next 6 months....A new belt is probably out of sight.

How does this literally happen overnight????

2 comments:

  1. Oh~ I dont even know where to begin.

    Having you was the biggest Joy of my life ,now my little girl is going to have a baby!!!
    I only hope that you feel as I did and experience the great enjoyment of being a mom.
    Being that I was a young mom,I dont think that I had the opportunity to put much thought into the whole process.I just took it as it came.Times were different 30 years ago.Now with you ,I feel all the emotions all over again, even more so.
    I know that you and Mike are going to be great parents!!I am so looking forward to being a Grandma.

    ReplyDelete