Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sleep Training

Sleep training...ahh yes. That's our current mode & what fun it is! We've gone through so many different phases of sleep with Carm in these past 14 months! For the vast majority, we've been co-sleeping...we all get better sleep that way and I do agree with some folks out there that say 'we might as well enjoy these moments when our children love us & want to snuggle because soon they will be teenagers & hate us.'

In the beginning there were moments of her being little (for like a day... she's such an old soul) when she slept in the cradle next to our bed....there was also a period of her sleeping in her swing ON our bed when we tried everything to get her down & then at around 7 months (when her nursery was FINALLY finished) she would actually spend a few hours in her crib, of course that came after rocking her to sleep. When she woke up in the middle of the night, we would bring her in our room. She's gotten into a habit lately of napping in her car seat, she actually WANTS to go in there and she falls asleep within minutes so, this trick has carried into nighttime (for the past 2 weeks) and she has been sleeping in her car seat on our bed. This is a habit we MUST break so it's back to her big girl crib.

Well, I must say I am so proud of little Carm for falling asleep in her crib last night with her frog Frankie and staying there until 6am this morning. It wasn't easy, it took alot of rocking, a few minutes of crying and ALOT of mommy singing...All the James Taylor/ Carole King & Cat Stevens I could remember the words to. But atlas at 9:30 as she layed on her soft blanket...in her crib with me rubbing her belly, she fell asleep. At some point in the night she got up and it was Daddy's turn to get her back to sleep without breaking down & putting her in her car seat or taking her in our bed and he did it. It might have been hell...I don't know, I was sleeping :) but he did it!

She got up at 6 and I brought her in our bed and we snuggled for about a 1/2 hour before bringing her over to Grandma & Grandpa's.

I hope we can stay CONSISTENT with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment