Seriously, this hunt for a vehicle is a PIA! I have completely exhausted my efforts and have changed my mind over a million times since the accident. It's almost 2 months now of sharing the truck...going to work early and getting home late!
After searching craigslist, auto trader, bargain news, car gurus, cars.com as well as every single dealership within a 100 miles on a daily basis... as of last week I had FINALLY picked a car I loved- Audi A4 Allroad Quattro Wagon.
I was stressed about making the purchase and spending my very last dime to do so, so I reached out to an old friend for his truly expert opinion and he has advised me against it. My bank account thanks him, I, however just don't like anything that is out there right now.
I really wanted an SUV or Crossover, something with 4x4 or AWD- I like the looks of Land Rover Discovery, but not the problems... & Toyota 4Runner & Nissan Pathfinder, but not the pricetag (Basically, square & boxy, I don't like this new "outer space" look that most new vehicles on the market have)...Since my accident I think I would feel safer in a bigger vehicle, but then again, do I really need the shitty gas mileage that comes with most bigger vehicles? Also, do I ever really actually DRIVE in the SNOW? No, I don't. I have a 6 mile commute one way...oh... woe is me!
We were on our way to check out a Ford Explorer and then decided against it, I think we are going to look for a 4 door sedan. Something good on gas and on the larger side. I just have a thing for Wagons...
Something will come along.
See- my real struggle is that I do not want a car payment. Haven't had one for myself in years and not about to start now- but I've only got a max of $7,000 to play with and for that amount, it's hard to find something with relatively low mileage + my two MUST HAVES....Leather interior and a sunroof.
Why must I be so picky you ask? Because cloth interior does wonders when we bring Stella in the car..her hair gets stuck and it smells. Leather is key. Also, if I don't have a sunroof...I feel like I can't breathe.
Recommendations are welcome-
I should just buy the BMW Wagon that I love & call it a day!

No comments:
Post a Comment