It is a really good feeling to not have any plans!!!
Saturday morning I headed over to Mom & Dad's to shower and Mom and I headed out to hunt for the perfect crib and changing table. Dad went over to check out our water situation, while Mike had to open up the Cobbler Shop. Luckily it was a minor electrical issue where the pump had tripped because of a loose connection. (We just need to have the electrician fix it when he comes back over to finish the upstairs) THANK GOD it was something so simple and the water was back!!
On our crib hunt we discovered that apparently it takes some time to get a crib. Like....12 weeks! Now, a girl at the office had mentioned something like that to me awhile back, but I just thought to myself, 3 months to get a crib. Seems crazy. Not sure I really believe her!! Nope. In fact, seems like that's the standard. Well, since 12 weeks is past my due date, no sense in getting stressed now:) Sure. there are other places we can get a crib sooner, we just haven't found anything we've been able to physically look at for quality control that we like. We really liked the "Stanley Young American" at Puritan in Wethersfield the best. But, it's a pretty big purchase so we need some time to think. (Mike and I had looked at BabiesRUs and weren't crazy about the quality we saw.)
Anyhow we spent the evening working upstairs. Correction. Mike spent the rest of the afternooon/evening moving all of our things from upstairs down into the basement to get it clean and ready for sheetrock. I kicked back and did some light cleaning. I made us a clam sauce for dinner and we vegged watching movies. I might have had a big bowl of cherry vanilla ice cream around 11pm, but do I really need to mention that...it was delicious!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment